It’s nearly Christmas and to help spread festive cheer, Scirra have announced an amazing new competition – exclusive to the Windows 8 platform. Simply build a new game or port an existing one using their Construct2 software, just make sure your game is in the Windows Store by the 21st of December to have a chance to win one of their amazing prize packages:
- 1st Prize:Â a Windows 8 tablet, aÂ Windows Phone 8 Nokia Lumia 920Â andConstruct 2 Business license
- 2nd Prize: aÂ Windows Phone 8 Nokia Lumia 920Â andÂ Construct 2 Business license
- 3rd, 4th and 5th: Xbox 360 games bundle and Construct 2 Personal license
- 6th-9th: Xbox 360 games bundle
- 10th: Xbox 360 games bundle and a flying monkey
Never built for Windows 8 before? Well fear not, as Scrira’s Construct2 software makes the process a breeze and they’ve put together a guide to make it as easy as possible for you.Â And don’t forget Ubelly’s resource list, which is full of tips and tricks to help you with every stage of building your game – from UI concepts to making money.
For the full terms and conditions and entry requirements – check out Scirra’s post announcing the competition. And to make sure your game sails through the approval process, make sure you read our essential guide to testing your Windows 8 game.