So you want to build a game for Windows 8? Well we want to make it as easy as possible for you to do so. That’s why we thought it would be a good idea to compile all the resources we could into one place, so you can spend your time coding, not googling.
We’ve got everything you need to get going, from initial guides to the platform, to detailed guides on making the most of DirectX. And not forgetting that final important step, making some money from your hard work.
- Creating a Great Windows 8 UI game
- Developing Games on the Full Range of Windows 8 Devices
- PLAT-750T Build your first Windows 8 game
Tools and Debate
- C++ and DirectX for Windows 8 UIGames
- From touch to gamepads: Master player input in your Windows 8 UI game
- A lap around DirectX game development tools
- Introduction to DirectX for Metro style apps
- Introducing directXMath
- XAudio2 and Windows 8
- XInput and Windows 8
- Make use of headset audio for the Xbox 360 Common Controller via XInput and XAudio2
- High-Level Shader Language, FXC and D3DCompile
- Direct3D Feature Levels
So now you’ve got all the resources, what’s stopping you from creating your own Windows 8 Game?