There’s only one place you’ll want to be on the 2nd and 3rd of October: Apps World at Earls Court (2). Now in its 3rd year, Apps World is fast becoming one of the go to events for design and development in the mobile industry. “This year’s event promises to be the biggest yet,” say the organisers, and with over 5000 developers, manufacturers, marketers, operators, platform owners and industry pro’s expected for two days of inspiration, insight, discussion and networking – we can’t wait.
You’ll definitely want to get involved in the multiple targeted workshop tracks, a spot of speed meeting, event parties, and even awards. You’ll be able to immerse yourself in the app ecosystem, get inspired and learn amongst a great mix of experts and talent.
You can register for free to get access to most of the event and sessions. We have some great sessions highlighting the opportunities around Windows 8 for app developers, including: How to make the move from Android to Windows 8 and Windows Phone, the Windows 8 UX and just how easily you can make a stunning app for Windows 8.
We’d love to see you at some great sessions we’re involved in and be on hand to offer any help or advice.
Speaking Session Highlights
- Developer Keynote: The Business of Apps, Anand Krishnan, Senior Director Microsoft UK and Paul Foster, Principal Technical Evangelist, Microsoft UK at 10.40-11.40 Tuesday 2nd Oct
- Droid World: Moving from Android to Windows Phone and Windows 8, Simon Hamilton, Chief Software Architect, Matchbox Mobile at 11.30-12.00 Tuesday 2nd Oct
- Technical Briefing: Windows 8 Developer Overview, Mike Taulty, Technical Evangelist, Microsoft UK at 12.00-13.00 Tuesday 2nd Oct
But wait…there’s more!
There will also be a theatre with a packed agenda of awesome sessions including these highlights you won’t want to miss:
- What’s new with Windows 8 UX (Andrew Spooner) at 12.30-12:50 Tuesday 2nd Oct and Weds 3rd Oct
- Microsoft Windows 8 App Showcase: Every Man, Woman and Child Can Build a Windows 8 App with AppBuilder (James Scott) at 13:00-13:20 Tuesday 2nd Oct
- How to make money with Ads in Apps (Dax Aiken) at 14:00-14:20 Tuesday 2nd Oct and Weds 3rd Oct
- Windows 8 – the Opportunity for App Developers (Mike Taulty) at 14:30-14:50 Tuesday 2nd Oct
- Building Games with CreateJS & HTML 5 (Grant Skinner) at 14:30-14:50 Weds 3rd Oct
- Developing Games on Windows 8 (Aj Grand-Scrutton, D LaLa Studios) at 15:00-15:20 Tuesday 2nd Oct
Show off your retro gaming prowess
Hot off the heels of the fun at Reasons To Be Creative, there is another Atari competition being run over both days. Just come down to the Windows stand and play on the retro Atari Arcade machines and put your skills to the test. There’s a great prize for the person with the highest score.
Plus! It looks like Grant Skinner will also be joining us to talk about his work on the reimagining the Atari games.
Attend for free
Don’t forget you can register for free to get access to most of the event and sessions, we look forward to seeing you there.
Are you coming to Apps World and if so, what are you most excited about?