Some of the UX aspects of Windows 8 applications introduce new navigational concepts. These may take people who have been working with the web and other platforms a little while to get used to. However, to speed up your understanding there’s 2 great case studies in the Windows Dev Centre that are worth taking a look at. These can help you to use the existing content and ideas that you have in place and translate them into Windows 8 style applications.
Website to Windows 8 style app
iPad to Windows 8 style app
In this case study we want to help designers and developers who are familiar with iOS to reimagine their apps using Windows style design principles. We show you how to translate common user interface and experience patterns found in iPad apps to Windows 8 style apps. Find out how in this case study:
- Windows 8 Developer Centre – all the downloads, latest news, updates, forums and support
- Windows 8 Developer Tools
- Windows 8 Design Assets
- Building Windows 8 – an inside look from the Windows engineering team
- Channel 9 – video tutorials and product information from Microsoft
- Windows 8 Consumer Preview forum – need help? Try here.
- Windows 8 Developer Linked In Group – got an idea for an app? Join the Windows 8 developer group on Linked In to get your app into the Windows Store.