Thanks to everyone who came along to our first Windows 8 camp in Manchester – it was a perfect summer’s evening where beer gardens and ice cold lager beckons… instead you all sat in a blazing hot room and sweated with the Ubelly team to learn about developing Windows 8 apps. Nice one!
So why come along? Mainly to find out more about Windows 8 (surprise!) because, in the words of one attendee, it’s “exciting dev stuff”. Front end web dev James Rand. from Blueleaf, uses a Mac and Komodo as his weapons of choice, but seeing a Windows 8 demo at FOWD piqued his interest: “I’m interested in the possibilities of Windows 8 and the fact I can use what I already know – I don’t have to learn something completely new. That’s what drew me to find out more – I’m utilising my existing skills and building on them.”
If you fancy finding out more then come along to the next camp in Brighton.
- Windows 8 Developer Centre- all the downloads, latest news, updates, forums and support
- Windows 8 Developer Tools
- Windows 8 Design Assets
- Building Windows 8– an inside look from the Windows engineering team
- Channel 9– video tutorials and product information from Microsoft
- Windows 8 Consumer Preview forum– need help? Try here.
- Windows 8 Developer Linked In Group – got an idea for an app? Join the Windows 8 developer group on Linked In to get your app into the Windows Store.